Our firm effectively aids companies exploring business opportunities in both the U.S. and India. We love awards and recognition, but it is the experience and vision upon which these awards are based that makes us most proud.
Based on our firm’s experience advising clients on doing business in India, we have an intimate understanding of the Indian business and legal environments. Through such experience, our firm is able to effectively assist clients in mitigating risks and avoiding potential pitfalls associated with doing business in India.
While our firm is not licensed to practice law in India, we have developed long-standing and battle-tested partnerships with legal and business resources in India that function seamlessly as an extension of Bagchi Law, to best serve our clients’ interests. If you already have U.S. legal counsel, we will work with your current counsel to assist you with your Indian opportunity.
Our firm has advised clients of all stages and industries on various aspects of doing business in India including:
- Market entry strategy
- Creating international holding company structures in tax-favored jurisdictions in relation to India
- Formation and registration of Indian entities and offices
- Manufacturing, supply and commercial agreements with Indian vendors
- International parent-company between U.S. companies and Indian subsidiaries (transfer pricing agreements)
- Joint venture and collaboration agreements with Indian parties
- Certain life sciences/licensing agreements with Indian parties
- Venture capital and angel investment financing
Our team has achieved numerous successes for our clients in connection with cross-border opportunities in India. A selection of these successes includes:
- Advised a publicly-listed Indian tractor company on U.S. joint venture strategy
- Advised a NASDAQ-listed pipeline insulation company with respect to Indian Special Economic Zones
- Advised a publicly-listed Indian plastics manufacturer on a $130 million private equity raise, among other transactions
- Advised a publicly-listed Indian refinery on a $55 million private equity raise, among other transactions
- Assisted a Bombay Stock Exchange-listed hospitality company in structuring a $12 million foreign private equity raise
- Advised a North Carolina-based clinical research organization with an Indian subsidiary in connection with a joint venture with a California-based company
- Advised a Mumbai (India)-based nutraceutical company in connection with a supply agreement with a publicly-listed U.S. vitamin retailer
- Co-led negotiation and drafting for an Indian client of $150 million drug discovery and collaboration agreement with Merck—one of India’s largest ever drug discovery and collaboration agreements at the time
- Co-led negotiation and drafting for an Indian client of $100 million research and collaboration agreement with large European pharmaceutical company
- Co-led negotiation and drafting for an Indian client of $247 million collaboration with JNJ