Meet the team
Founder and Chief Strategy Officer
Neil founded Bagchi Law 15 years ago after recognizing how big law firms do business is inefficient. He wanted to shift the focus from the bottom line to customer service. Neil was inspired to offer sophisticated, global, and legal expertise related to commercial transactions. He wanted to ensure these services were available to entrepreneurs, early-stage and mid-sized companies
However, Neil didn’t always want to practice law. He’d hoped to join law enforcement after university, but he became fascinated with how businesses work in the process. For nearly five years, Neil served as an attorney for notable firms. He realized there was a better way to serve clients without the excessive overhead of a large law firm. Neil knew clients could get the same value in a boutique law firm and provide a higher touch. It wasn’t long before he founded Bagchi Law, which delivers value through client-centric care and solutions. Also, the firm’s ethos includes giving back to the community by doing pro bono work for entrepreneurs and nonprofits.
Neil noticed that clients need more than legal advice. They required a 360° solution. A solution that includes business strategy, financial matters, and other functions that legal counsel may not address. Neil set out to bring on new team members with these skills and build an all-in-one solution provider. In 2020, he formed the Bagchi Group. As the founder of Bagchi Law and Bagchi Group, Neil is renowned for delivering responsive, collaborative, and innovative solutions that challenge the default.
- JD Law, University of North Carolina School of Law
- Bachelor of Political Science/History, University of North Carolina
- Morehead-Cain Scholarship
Neil enjoys being active. He even had the opportunity to play semi-pro rugby for two years immediately after completing his bachelor’s degree. But with his rugby days now behind him, Neil loves to pair outdoor activities with quality family time with his wife and daughter.
Tyler began his professional journey in Maryland as a chemist but it wasn’t long before his interests turned to study law. While earning his Juris Doctor at the UNC School of Law, Tyler served as an intern in-house with two large tech companies. It was during these summer internships where his roots in the triangle began to take hold and Tyler’s focus on corporate law grew.
Most recently, before joining Bagchi Law, Tyler was an Attorney with a North Carolina firm where he assisted clients with full-service mergers and acquisitions. Tyler is also skilled at drafting and filing organizational documents with various states and has an acute awareness of building client relationships.
- JD Law, University of North Carolina School of Law
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry, Stevenson University of Owings Mills, Maryland
- Publication: Oracle v. Google - Setting a Standard or Handicapping an Industry? (North Carolina Journal of Law and Technology - 2016)
Tyler was impressed by the progressive and dynamic energy at Bagchi Law and how they were partnering with clients, giving back to the community, and providing a more personal consult. In particular, Tyler was excited about the opportunities Bagchi Law offered with a strong reach outside of the region including international clients.
When he is not working to help clients at Bagchi Law, Tyler enjoys long drives including meandering through the North Carolina mountains. Tyler also finds rest and relaxation through painting and drawing which he’s been doing for well over 25 years.
Senior Operations Manager
Savannah earned her Bachelor of Arts in Art History and transitioned to operations and event planning after graduation. Throughout her hospitality career, she served in various roles, gaining a unique perspective and insight into managing efficient operations and systems. Savannah has significant experience working in hospitality, finance, accounting and law.
- Bachelor of Arts, Art History, University of South Carolina Columbia
- Study Abroad, Imperial College London
- Woodrow Scholars Award, University of South Carolina
Savannah is responsible for various tasks to ensure the smooth operation of the firm. Providing legal support to attorneys, managing office and administrative duties, assisting with finances and coordinating closely with the marketing team to help promote their initiatives and campaigns. She works behind the scenes to further grow Bagchi Law and is excited to support a responsive team with a customer-centric approach and culture.
Savannah also loves playing with her dog and traveling. She enjoys learning about different cultures and trying new things, especially new dining experiences. When she's not looking for the best tacos in town, Savannah always tours the local galleries and museums to feed her love for art.
Ankit Gupta grew up in Raisen, India, where he attended school before deciding to venture into law. After law school, he earned his Master’s degree in business law. Ankit then joined a firm in India and began working with financial institutions and corporations, focusing on contracts and negotiations. Ankit then joined another firm as a Senior Attorney, where he drafted contracts while gaining experience in mergers and acquisitions, transactional law, and negotiations, particularly for startups. Ankit moved to Boston to pursue a second Master’s degree, focusing on international business and transactional law. Ankit worked as in-house corporate counsel for a robotics company before moving to North Carolina to join the team at Bagchi Law.
- St. Francis Convent School
- JD, Department of Law, Barkatullah University
- LLM in Business Law, Savitribai Phule Pune University
- LLM in Global Law and Technology, Suffolk University Law School
Ankit Gupta is now a legal consultant at Bagchi Law, focusing on B2B and B2C contracts and agreements. Outside of work, Ankit loves sports and music, spending time on the cricket field or strumming his guitar. He is also an avid poet, writing in both English and Hindi.
Paloma Magallanes joined Bagchi Law after over a decade of being involved with the legal departments of major corporations. In her early career, she was a compliance analyst for SquareTrade, focused on ensuring compliance for business activities. When she moved from the Bay Area to the Triangle region of North Carolina, she worked as a contract specialist at a medical device company. Paloma’s exposure to the legal aspects of business led her to obtain her Juris Doctorate from North Carolina Central University. While earning her JD, Paloma served as an intern in-house for a large tech company and a research assistant for the NCCU School of Law Technology and Policy Center.
- BA in Spanish, Appalachian State University
- JD, North Carolina Central University
Paloma now works as a Law Clerk specializing in corporate governance at Bagchi Law. Outside of work, Paloma enjoys live music and hiking with her husband and dog.
Glen Roberts is a dual-qualified (US/UK) lawyer who has advised clients located in the U.S. and around the globe in all aspects of matters involving the Americas, the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia and the former Soviet Union. Glen has counseled operating companies, investment managers, institutional investors, developers, entrepreneurs, family offices and family-owned businesses, financial institutions and governments on structuring, negotiating and executing:
- Special situations opportunities, involving unique or distressed assets and investments lacking significant precedent for “market” terms;
- Formation and capitalization of private and public companies, joint ventures, investment funds and investment products, with an emphasis both on projects involving “real” underlying assets (hotels, planes, and ships especially) and on the broader financial services sector;
- Succession planning for family-owned enterprises as well as carried interest programs and similar equity-sharing arrangements for investors and companies;
- Asset financings (including ships and planes) and securitizations;
- Complex restructurings, acquisitions and recapitalizations, including "going private" transactions;
- Financings in all types of real estate and corporate acquisitions and financing (and refinancing) transactions;
- The full range of general corporate contracts, such as licensing, employment, real estate leasing and other commercial relationships; and
- Strategic and substantive assessments and revisions of laws and regulations.
Glen is licensed only by the Bars of New York, England & Wales, and the Federal District of Colorado and is not admitted to practice in North Carolina.
Let's challenge the default together