Meet the team
Founder and Chief Strategy Officer
Neil founded Bagchi Law 15 years ago after recognizing how big law firms do business is inefficient. He wanted to shift the focus from the bottom line to customer service. Neil was inspired to offer sophisticated, global, and legal expertise related to commercial transactions. He wanted to ensure these services were available to entrepreneurs, early-stage and mid-sized companies
However, Neil didn’t always want to practice law. He’d hoped to join law enforcement after university, but he became fascinated with how businesses work in the process. For nearly five years, Neil served as an attorney for notable firms. He realized there was a better way to serve clients without the excessive overhead of a large law firm. Neil knew clients could get the same value in a boutique law firm and provide a higher touch. It wasn’t long before he founded Bagchi Law, which delivers value through client-centric care and solutions. Also, the firm’s ethos includes giving back to the community by doing pro bono work for entrepreneurs and nonprofits.
Neil noticed that clients need more than legal advice. They required a 360° solution. A solution that includes business strategy, financial matters, and other functions that legal counsel may not address. Neil set out to bring on new team members with these skills and build an all-in-one solution provider. In 2020, he formed the Bagchi Group. As the founder of Bagchi Law and Bagchi Group, Neil is renowned for delivering responsive, collaborative, and innovative solutions that challenge the default.
- JD Law, University of North Carolina School of Law
- Bachelor of Political Science/History, University of North Carolina
- Morehead-Cain Scholarship
Neil enjoys being active. He even had the opportunity to play semi-pro rugby for two years immediately after completing his bachelor’s degree. But with his rugby days now behind him, Neil loves to pair outdoor activities with quality family time with his wife and daughter.
Tyler began his professional journey in Maryland as a chemist but it wasn’t long before his interests turned to study law. While earning his Juris Doctor at the UNC School of Law, Tyler served as an intern in-house with two large tech companies. It was during these summer internships where his roots in the triangle began to take hold and Tyler’s focus on corporate law grew.
Most recently, before joining Bagchi Law, Tyler was an Attorney with a North Carolina firm where he assisted clients with full-service mergers and acquisitions. Tyler is also skilled at drafting and filing organizational documents with various states and has an acute awareness of building client relationships.
- JD Law, University of North Carolina School of Law
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry, Stevenson University of Owings Mills, Maryland
- Publication: Oracle v. Google - Setting a Standard or Handicapping an Industry? (North Carolina Journal of Law and Technology - 2016)
Tyler was impressed by the progressive and dynamic energy at Bagchi Law and how they were partnering with clients, giving back to the community, and providing a more personal consult. In particular, Tyler was excited about the opportunities Bagchi Law offered with a strong reach outside of the region including international clients.
When he is not working to help clients at Bagchi Law, Tyler enjoys long drives including meandering through the North Carolina mountains. Tyler also finds rest and relaxation through painting and drawing which he’s been doing for well over 25 years.
Senior Operations Manager
Savannah earned her Bachelor of Arts in Art History and transitioned to operations and event planning after graduation. Throughout her hospitality career, she served in various roles, gaining a unique perspective and insight into managing efficient operations and systems. Savannah has significant experience working in hospitality, finance, accounting and law.
- Bachelor of Arts, Art History, University of South Carolina Columbia
- Study Abroad, Imperial College London
- Woodrow Scholars Award, University of South Carolina
Savannah is responsible for various tasks to ensure the smooth operation of the firm. Providing legal support to attorneys, managing office and administrative duties, assisting with finances and coordinating closely with the marketing team to help promote their initiatives and campaigns. She works behind the scenes to further grow Bagchi Law and is excited to support a responsive team with a customer-centric approach and culture.
Savannah also loves playing with her dog and traveling. She enjoys learning about different cultures and trying new things, especially new dining experiences. When she's not looking for the best tacos in town, Savannah always tours the local galleries and museums to feed her love for art.
Jenna’s undergraduate studies in Agricultural Business Management with a concentration in Biological Sciences gave her a foundation of commercial and technical know-how in the business world. Just after earning her bachelor’s degree, Jenna oversaw the opening of a new business in her hometown. She then launched into five years of work in logistics, further enriching her understanding of the business sector. This logistics career piqued Jenna’s interest in business law, leading her to complete her Juris Doctorate at Campbell University.
- JD Law, Campbell University
- BS in Agricultural Business Management with a Concentration in Biological Sciences, North Carolina State University
As well as working in logistics, Jenna has done legal work for the Fuller Center of Housing and the Durham District Attorney’s office. She is now an attorney at Bagchi Law, assisting our commercial clients with their legal needs. Outside of work, Jenna cherishes her friends, cats, books and art.
Glen Roberts is a dual-qualified (US/UK) lawyer who has advised clients located in the U.S. and around the globe in all aspects of matters involving the Americas, the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia and the former Soviet Union. Glen has counseled operating companies, investment managers, institutional investors, developers, entrepreneurs, family offices and family-owned businesses, financial institutions and governments on structuring, negotiating and executing:
- Special situations opportunities, involving unique or distressed assets and investments lacking significant precedent for “market” terms;
- Formation and capitalization of private and public companies, joint ventures, investment funds and investment products, with an emphasis both on projects involving “real” underlying assets (hotels, planes, and ships especially) and on the broader financial services sector;
- Succession planning for family-owned enterprises as well as carried interest programs and similar equity-sharing arrangements for investors and companies;
- Asset financings (including ships and planes) and securitizations;
- Complex restructurings, acquisitions and recapitalizations, including "going private" transactions;
- Financings in all types of real estate and corporate acquisitions and financing (and refinancing) transactions;
- The full range of general corporate contracts, such as licensing, employment, real estate leasing and other commercial relationships; and
- Strategic and substantive assessments and revisions of laws and regulations.
Glen is licensed only by the Bars of New York, England & Wales, and the Federal District of Colorado and is not admitted to practice in North Carolina.
In his role as Of Counsel with the Bagchi Law firm, Brian brings decades of experience. Brian spent 25 years of his career with the SAS Institute, Inc., where he oversaw a range of technology transactions, counseled clients on financial services, and negotiated numerous agreements.
- Doctor of Law (JD), University of North Carolina School of Law
- Bachelors in International Relations and French, University of Minnesota-Twin Cities
Bagchi Law is able to draw on Brian’s rich in-house and global compliance experience to provide a unique perspective for their clients.
Let's challenge the default together