Meet the team
Founder and Chief Strategy Officer
Neil founded Bagchi Law in 2008 after recognizing that the way big law firms do business is inefficient. He wanted to shift the focus from the bottom line to customer service. Neil was inspired to offer sophisticated, global, and legal expertise as it relates to commercial transactions. He wanted to ensure these services were available to entrepreneurs, early-stage, and mid-sized companies alike.
However, Neil didn’t always want to practice law. He’d hoped to join law enforcement after university, but he became fascinated with how businesses work in the process. For nearly five years, Neil served as an attorney for notable firms. He realized there was a better way to serve clients without the excessive overhead of a large law firm. Neil knew that clients could get the same value in a boutique law firm, and provide a higher touch. It wasn’t long before he founded Bagchi Law, a firm that delivers value through client-centric care and solutions. Also, the firm’s ethos includes giving back to the community by doing pro bono work for entrepreneurs and nonprofits.
Two years ago, Neil noticed that clients need more than legal advice. They required a 360° solution. A solution that includes business strategy, financial matters, and other functions that legal counsel may not address. Neil set out to bring on new team members with these skills and build an all-in-one solution-provider. Within two years, he formed the Bagchi Group. As the founder of Bagchi Law and Bagchi Group, Neil has a reputation for delivering responsive, collaborative, and innovative solutions that challenge the default.
- JD Law, University of North Carolina School of Law
- Bachelors of Political Science/History
The University of North Carolina
- Morehead-Cain Scholarship
Neil enjoys being active. He even had the opportunity to play semi-pro rugby for two years immediately after completing his bachelor’s degree. But with his rugby days now behind him, Neil loves to pair outdoor activities with quality family time with his wife and daughter.
Director Of Operations
Mallory is our versatile Director of Operations who thrives in dynamic, challenging, and fast-paced professional environments. She has extensive expertise in managing day-to-day operations of the firm and helps to oversee firm finances.
At eighteen, Mallory joined the U.S. Navy as an opportunity for service and funding for a college education. In her support staff position, she started her career as a data-driven and result-oriented manager while also taking classes online toward a paralegal degree. She learned essential time management skills, gained an impeccable work ethic, and found her love of the law. Mallory has a proven reputation for supporting clients and developing relationships.
- Yeoman, United States Navy
- Bachelor of Science - Paralegal Studies
- Master of Science - Legal Studies
- Certified Legal Manager (CLM), Association of Legal Administrators
- Notary Public, North Carolina Secretary of State
In her spare time, Mallory enjoys spending time with her family, riding rollercoasters, running, fishing in Bogue Sound, and reading. She is active in her local Association of Legal Administrators Chapter and enjoys volunteer work. Mallory has a love of travel and plans to visit Italy.
Tyler began his professional journey in Maryland as a chemist but it wasn’t long before his interests turned to study law. While earning his Juris Doctor at the UNC School of Law, Tyler served as an intern in-house with two large tech companies. It was during these summer internships where his roots in the triangle began to take hold and Tyler’s focus on corporate law grew.
Most recently, before joining Bagchi Law, Tyler was an Attorney with a North Carolina firm where he assisted clients with full-service mergers and acquisitions. Tyler is also skilled at drafting and filing organizational documents with various states and has an acute awareness of building client relationships.
- JD Law, University of North Carolina School of Law
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry, Stevenson University of Owings Mills, Maryland
- Publication: Oracle v. Google - Setting a Standard or Handicapping an Industry? (North Carolina Journal of Law and Technology - 2016)
Tyler was impressed by the progressive and dynamic energy at Bagchi Law and how they were partnering with clients, giving back to the community, and providing a more personal consult. In particular, Tyler was excited about the opportunities Bagchi Law offered with a strong reach outside of the region including international clients.
When he is not working to help clients at Bagchi Law, Tyler enjoys long drives including meandering through the North Carolina mountains. Tyler also finds rest and relaxation through painting and drawing which he’s been doing for well over 25 years.
Savannah earned her Bachelor of Arts in Art History and transitioned to operations and event planning after graduation. Throughout her hospitality career, she served in various roles, gaining a unique perspective and insight into managing efficient operations and systems. While Savannah has extensive experience working in hospitality, finance, and accounting, the legal space is a welcomed change.
- Bachelors of Arts, Art History, University of South Carolina- Columbia
- Study Abroad , Imperial College London
- Woodrow Scholars Award (2010), University of South Carolina
- Phi Mu Fraternity Treasurer, Dec 2012—2013
Having mastered administrative and customer service skills, Savannah is looking forward to working behind the scenes to further grow Bagchi Law. She's excited about joining a responsive team with a customer-centric approach and culture.
Savannah's first love was dance. She studied ballet for 15 years and continued to take classes throughout college. Savannah also loves shopping, playing with her dog, and traveling. She enjoys learning about different cultures and trying new things, especially new foods. When she's not looking for the best tacos in town, Savannah always makes sure to tour the local galleries and museums to feed her love for art. Having studied abroad in London, it's one of her favorite places to visit. But no matter where she goes, the beach remains her happy place.
Jenna’s undergraduate studies in Agricultural Business Management with a concentration in Biological Sciences gave her a foundation of commercial and technical know-how in the business world. Just after earning her bachelor’s degree, Jenna oversaw the opening of a new business in her hometown. She then launched into five years of work in logistics, further enriching her understanding of the business sector. This logistics career piqued Jenna’s interest in business law, leading her to complete her Juris Doctorate at Campbell University.
- JD Law, Campbell University
- BS in Agricultural Business Management with a Concentration in Biological Sciences, North Carolina State University
As well as working in logistics, Jenna has done legal work for the Fuller Center of Housing and the Durham District Attorney’s office. She is now an attorney at Bagchi Law, assisting our commercial clients with their legal needs. Outside of work, Jenna cherishes her friends, cats, books and art.
Glen Roberts is a dual-qualified (US/UK) lawyer who has advised clients located in the U.S. and around the globe in all aspects of matters involving the Americas, the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia and the former Soviet Union. Glen has counseled operating companies, investment managers, institutional investors, developers, entrepreneurs, family offices and family-owned businesses, financial institutions and governments on structuring, negotiating and executing:
- Special situations opportunities, involving unique or distressed assets and investments lacking significant precedent for “market” terms;
- Formation and capitalization of private and public companies, joint ventures, investment funds and investment products, with an emphasis both on projects involving “real” underlying assets (hotels, planes, and ships especially) and on the broader financial services sector;
- Succession planning for family-owned enterprises as well as carried interest programs and similar equity-sharing arrangements for investors and companies;
- Asset financings (including ships and planes) and securitizations;
- Complex restructurings, acquisitions and recapitalizations, including "going private" transactions;
- Financings in all types of real estate and corporate acquisitions and financing (and refinancing) transactions;
- The full range of general corporate contracts, such as licensing, employment, real estate leasing and other commercial relationships; and
- Strategic and substantive assessments and revisions of laws and regulations.
Glen is licensed only by the Bars of New York, England & Wales, and the Federal District of Colorado and is not admitted to practice in North Carolina.
Ben joined an undergraduate law program with the United States Marine Corps, which would go on to fund his law degree from Baylor University. After graduating with his JD and serving as Judge Advocate for the USMC, Ben returned to school for a degree in chemistry, seeking qualification to practice as an intellectual property attorney. He succeeded, becoming a registered patent attorney and embarking on a 14-year career as the Senior US Counsel to Foxconn Electronics, handling the licensing, negotiation, and other legal business matters of one of the largest and most revered technology companies in the world.
- BA in Political Science, University of Colorado, Boulder, Colorado
- BS in Chemistry, Texas A&M University
- JD Law, Baylor University Law School
- LLM in Intellectual Property, The John Marshall Law School
- LLM in Taxation, Southern Methodist University Law School
At Bagchi Law, he focuses primarily on mergers and acquisitions, intellectual property and tax-related issues. When he isn’t working, Ben’s curiosity keeps him active through nature photography, discovering new running trails and even skydiving whenever he has the chance.
In his role as Of Counsel with the Bagchi Law firm, Brian brings decades of experience. Brian spent 25 years of his career with the SAS Institute, Inc., where he oversaw a range of technology transactions, counseled clients on financial services, and negotiated numerous agreements.
- Doctor of Law (JD), University of North Carolina School of Law
- Bachelors in International Relations and French, University of Minnesota-Twin Cities
Bagchi Law is able to draw on Brian’s rich in-house and global compliance experience to provide a unique perspective for their clients.
Let's challenge the default together